Tips for writing a letter of intent for graduate school
A letter of intent is a formal type of a letter which is written by a person so as to apply for a particular job, course or position in a company, organization or institute. Any such letter is written so as to let the recipient know that you intend to be appointed or hired and have the required qualifications as well. A letter of intent for graduate school is a kind of a letter of intent which is written so as to express the intent to be selected for a particular graduate school in a certain coursework or subject. Given below are a few tips which will help you to write a letter of intent for graduate school.
- While writing a letter of intent for graduate school, you should be extremely clear about your exact reason for applying for the graduate school and the particular course.
- The letter of intent must clearly define the skills, qualifications and qualities that make you suitable for the course to which you have applied.
- A letter of intent must be written in a polite and respectful way and it must be effective in bringing to the surface your real intent for getting admission.
- The letter of intent must be written in a formal or impersonal manner of letter writing.
- At the starting of the letter, the name, address and designation of the recipient must be written down.
- After this, the sender must write the date and the formal salutation. The salutation must consist of the name of the recipient of the letter.
- The subject line of the letter must be reserved for giving the reason for writing the letter in a brief manner.
- Close the letter after the body with the signature and contact number.
Posted in Letter of Intent