How to write a good letter of intent
A letter which is written by an individual to apply for a job, educational course or other position is known as a letter of intent. Any such letter is used by the applicant to let the employer or recipient know that he/she is interested in the job or course and intends to be selected for it. A letter of intent acts like an application letter or cover letter and talks about the sender’s skills and qualifications as well. To come up with a good letter of intent, there are certain points that must be kept in mind. The following given hints will be really helpful for you to do the same.
- The first thing to keep in mind while framing a letter of intent is to be clear about the position that you are applying for and the reason why you want that position and the company/institute to which you have applied.
- Your reasons must be very nicely expressed in the body of the letter and you must showcase your intent honestly in the letter.
- The letter must also talk about all your career aspirations and goals. You must be able to link you goals with the reason of working for the organization/studying in the institute.
- A good letter of intent is that which is written formally and in a respectful and polite way.
- One must always give the recipient’s name and address at the top left corner of the letter sheet which should be followed by giving the date in the date/month/year format.
- A letter of intent must also have a formal opening and closing salutation as well as a brief and precise subject line that gives the reader an idea about the theme or topic of your letter.
- The closing must be done with the signatures of the sender.
Posted in Letter of Intent